Wednesday, July 29, 2020 – Dunnville
We consider the health and well-being of our employees and community our top priority. Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have strived to exceed public health guidelines and – with help from the Haldimand Norfolk Health Unit (HNHU) – we developed and actioned plans to mitigate risk for our staff and the public at large.
Please be advised:
A Mandatory Mask Policy at GrandErie Home Hardware Building Centre is effective Saturday August 1st, 2020.
Under the newly established by-law No 2191/20 by the Corporation of Haldimand County, all persons entering an enclosed space that is open to the public, including employees and visitors, must wear a mandatory mask or face covering.
Any cloth (non-medical) mask, medical mask or other face covering such as a bandana or scarf may be used, provided it securely covers the nose, mouth and chin without gaps.
Exempt from the by-law
- Children under 10 years of age.
- Person with medical conditions which prevent them from wearing a mask, including breathing difficulties and cognitive difficulties.
- Individuals who are unable to apply or remove a mask without assistance.
- Persons with protection, including reasonable accommodations, in accordance with the Ontario human rights code that would prevent them from wearing a mask.
- Persons assisting or accommodating another person with a hearing disability.
- Any paramedic, fire fighter or police officer acting in the course of their duties.
Hand Sanitizer continues to be available at our entrance/exit for customer use and it is also mandatory to use hand sanitizer before entry.
Persons in exterior or outdoor locations are exempt from the policy.
Should we receive additional direction or guidance from HNHU, we will act immediately and accordingly.
We would like to sincerely thank all of our staff for their dedication and for stepping up during this difficult time. They have done an amazing job to provide essential service to our community.
We ask that any media requests or comments be directed to Ken Zantingh, President and Co-Owner of GrandErie Home Hardware Building Centre via kzantingh @ armstrongmilling.com or (905)229-0011.